Wednesday, September 4, 2013

All You Need is a Dress


Sometimes when you are feeling down there is really nothing better then taking as long as you like to just get ready. You can start off taking a long bath and fill the water with bubbles and lovely scented oils and let the perfumed water just devour all of your stress. After you finish your bath and you are nice and clean and refreshed feel free to use all of your really nice makeup and take your time to make sure everything is done just how you like it. After that you can do your hair and just enjoy the process of styling it, there is no rush! And of course you can finish it off by putting on the dress that you have been saving for a special occasion, that dress that makes you feel like a princess mixed with a high fashion model, it is amazing what a dress can do to lift your spirits! Even if you aren't going anywhere particularly exciting I find that the day just becomes brighter by going through this process of getting ready.

For me getting ready is not a chore or a hassle, unless I'm really tired and lazy and just want to lie around in my pjs all day long which can be just as nice sometimes! But usually getting ready for me is one of my favorite times of the day. It is a time I get to dedicate to myself, a meditative process where I can just pause the stress and the work of daily life and just relax.

Instead of freaking out about the test you are going to have later in the day throw that to the back of your mind, even if it is just for an hour, just focus on how good you are getting at using liquid eyeliner or how amazing your new curling wand makes your hair look. People may think this is vain or narcissistic but I truly think that it is completely necessary, even if it is just once in a while, to stop and focus on yourself and the little things that make YOU feel good.

Moving on to my outfit in these pictures! The reason for my rant is because the day these were taken my sister and I spent hours and hours getting ready, we weren't going anywhere special or anything but just wanted to dress up, feel good and take some pictures.   



I love Peter Pan collars!



This lovely dress is from Primark and I freaked out
When I found out Zoella has the same one in another
color!
This ADORABLE heart bag is from
H&M and it is my favorite!

My go to earrings are from Icing!

I believe these flats are from Ross! They go with
everything!

I would like to finish this blog post by thanking everyone who is following me so far. I have never actually had followers on a blog before so it is incredible that there are actual people who are looking at my posts this time around! Thank you for seeing something in me and in my blog. I have a lot more that I want to do to this page and I know there are MANY things that could be improved and I definitely am working on that. Please don't give up on me because I promise it will only get better here on When Thread Met Fabric!

Thank you everyone, have a lovely week!

Love,

Michelle


4 comments:

  1. First of all, let me just say that you are doing an AMAZING job! I LOVED what you wrote in the post - I couldn't agree more! Doesn't even matter if you are not really going anymore, it still feels amazing to just dress up because every day is worth celebrating and feeling good about yourself! What I also wanted to mention is that I really love that you write more in your posts. I can honestly say that today I unfollowed one blog because the girl on the blog didn't write a single word to her posts besides the outfit details - that really bothers me because I want to read the blogger's thoughts and ideas behind the post! That's why I loved this post and girl, you are only getting better in blogging! Keep on doing what you do <3

    xoxo

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Your comment seriously brightened my day...no my WEEK! Thank you so much for your lovely feedback! It is so wonderful to hear a detailed description of what you liked because that not only makes me feel great but it is SO helpful too! It means so much especially coming from you!! :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love that dress! I also 100% agree with everything you said about getting ready in the morning. I always feel so much better when I spend that extra five minutes on my makeup instead of rushing out the door!
    I was so excited to see that you have a blog; I've been watching your Youtube channel for awhile and it's so fun to get to know you a bit more on your blog. Can't wait to read more! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me SO happy!! :) I am so excited that you watch me and my sister's videos and thank you so much for your kind words and amazing support!!♡

      xoxo

      Michelle

      Delete